Tuesday, December 16, 2008

A Quiet Calm

Lately I've felt enveloped by a sense of total peace. It's been wonderful. That's not that say that I'm not stressed and busy and rushed by the season, because I am. But more than that, much more than that, I'm so overwhelmed by how lucky I am. I can explain some of that feeling, but I can't explain how or why it's so strong right now. I suppose some things simply cannot be explained, so without looking for the explanation, I will just be greatly that I'm filled with such a force now.

At night, I sit in the glow of the Christmas tree lights, and I can't imagine being anywhere but here. I can't imagine being anyone other than myself. There are things I'd love to change, but they're superficial. Everything that really matters, everything at the core and heart of life, I would not change for the world.

In this holiday season, it is my wish for all of you that you can find your sense of peace, your quiet calm, and your own understanding of how gloriously lucky you are.


This is my quiet calm.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulation!! I'm so excited for you!

Erin said...

Thank you! I'm super excited, too, and couldn't keep it in any longer.:)

Anonymous said...

Congrats again!!

Allyson said...

Congrats!!! I knew something was up with you... How far along?
hoW exciting!!

Christy M. said...

Congratulations, Erin! I'm so happy for you. Enjoy your quiet calm.

InTheFastLane said...

Congrats!!! And enjoy the peace...for in a few months it will be all gone :)

Candi said...

OMG!! Congratulations!! I'm so happy for you guys! Aww! :)

Beth at I Should Be Folding Laundry said...

Love this. You know how I feel about it all. Congrats, Erin. You and Shane are wonderful parents, Luke will make a wonderful big brother.

Kim said...

Congratulations Mama!!! That is very exciting!

Cassie said...

So exciting!!! Congratulations!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for you, Erin. Merry Christmas!

E said...

CONGRATS! :)

Weith Kick said...

Congrats!!!!

Crooked Eyebrow said...

Once again, congrats!!!!
(we'll drink the wine for you...)