Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Light for the Holidays

Hi everyone, meet Lux.
lux
I have a very special Etsy shop to share with you today. My bestie Leah created Vintage Lux a few months ago, in memory of her sweet kitty Lux. 100% of the profits of her store are donated to the Humane Society in her home county, which is desperately in need of a new facility after a fire damaged the shelter. Lux was a rescue kitty herself and probably one of the sweetest cats I've ever met. The last time we visited Leah, Lux was in heaven cleaning up the floor beneath my two very messy boys. She went for everything, even pieces of lettuce! The boys thought this was great and Luke still asks about Leah's black kitty. Unfortunately, this was the last time that we would get to see Luxy while she was still living, but I'll always remember her eating all the little dropped pieces of food.

Leah's shop is pretty cool. I'm personally digging this milk glass cookie jar, but this blue mason jar is pretty neat too. Leah has generously offered to give away a vintage Lux tote bag for the holidays, a perfect, eco-friendly way to carry Christmas presents, library books, or even groceries. All you have to do is visit Leah's shop and tell me which vintage, reclaimed item you like the best. And if anything catches your eye today, Leah has also offered up the code 'peace' to receive 10% off your purchase.

Giveaway will run until Friday, 12/16. Happy holidays!

8 comments:

InTheFastLane said...

I am really liking the vintage bowls...that orange pyrex??? Omg...and also, the small mixing bowls? I might just be snatching those up asap.

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

I love the box of vintage snow!!!

Also that photo of her cat is amazing.

Steph

Julie said...

I'm loving these shoes! http://www.etsy.com/listing/81376342/sale-vintage-peep-toe-heels-t-strap

keli [at] kidnapped by suburbia said...

i love it all, but i WANT the red swiss dot apron. no ... need. i need it. <3 thank you!!!

Esther said...

How do you choose? Love the children's encyclopedia pages. And the pyrex! And the German candle holder!

Fun stuff!

Anonymous said...

The Set of 3 Earthy Brown Melamine Bowls for sure, though I am starting to think, no, there are at least 10 things I need. NEED.

Love to Leah and Lux. And you. :)

Leah said...

Thank you so much, Erin. This means a lot to me, YOU mean a lot to me. ♥

Traci @ Travels in WV said...

I love the purse! So cute.