Wednesday, September 18, 2013

What I Read Wednesday

The Telling Room: A Tale of Love, Betrayal, Revenge, and the World's Greatest Piece of Cheese
I didn't remember requesting this book, so when it came in from the library, I was like, "Why on earth did I want to read a book about cheese?" Except that I really like cheese, so I figured that was probably why I requested it. I am definitely glad that I did, because as the title suggests, it's about more than cheese. The author is a brilliant storyteller and weaves a tale of the small Spanish village of Guzman, a mystical cheese, the cheese maker, his wine, his stories and his betrayal. Although the book wanders at points, the tale of Ambrosio and his cheese is one that hooked me in enough to keep me reading and wanting more.

Aaaand... that's all I read this week. Somehow I had no free time and during silent reading time, my students kept interrupting to ask me how my pirate monkey book was going. Yeah. It's been of THOSE weeks. Hopefully I can tell you about my pirate monkey book next week. What are you reading?

2 comments:

Barb Ruess said...

I just finished Day After Night by Anita Diamant. An historical fiction about one specific moment - the escape of Jews from an internment camp in Israel after WWII. I enjoyed it. And now I'm reading Berlin Boxing Club because a certain 12yo wants me to read it and discuss.

Becky said...

I'm just trailing behind you my friend. I'm finishing The Ocean at the End of the Lane (SO WEIRD BUT GOOD!) today and will start The Engagements.

Don't forget about The Silent Wife.