Wednesday, December 17, 2014

What I Read Wednesday

I kind of forgot it was Wednesday and also this week has been terribly long.

Revolution (The Sixties Trilogy)
Book #2 in the Sixties trilogy. I LOVE these books. They intersperse history with historical fiction, which I love. Sunny's town is being invaded in the 1960s. As time goes on, she learns that the invaders are here to help the African-Americans in her town register to vote. Her small Mississippi town is divided, angry and violent. Her point-of-view is interwoven with that of others who live in her town, telling a story of--well--revolution.

Threatened
Luc's mother warned him of the mock men, chimpanzees, who live in the jungle (the inside). But Luc is older now, an orphan after his mother and sister die of the worm (HIV). A professor comes along and proposes to take Luc into the jungle with him to study the chimpanzees. Originally wary, Luc grows to love the jungle, the chimpanzees and his professor. As the story evolves, you grow along with Luc and his experiences and it's really, in many ways, a beautiful story of Africa, endangered species and just trying to survive.

And that's it. Is it break yet? What are you reading?

3 comments:

One crazed mommy said...

For someone who has no time to read lately, I'm being very optimistic. I just got an Amazon gift card for my birthday, and I downloaded 6 new books...which technically if I read in order of my wait list is at about 15 or 16...so, I'll get to them one day!

Theresa Mahoney said...

No new books for me for the next week. Our schedule is so jam packed from tomorrow until Friday, I'd feel like I won the lottery if I could squeeze in some reading time!

Lyndsay W said...

'This is Where I leave you'

I'm enjoying it!